MOLD IS EVERYWHERE.
The existence of mold is caused by three key factors:
- Air (uncontrollable)
- Food Source (difficult to control)
- Moisture (controllable)
Controlling the humidity and moisture in your home is the #1 way in controlling mold growth. Mold is typically found in parts of your home that are dark and exposed to moisture, such as small crevices, or anywhere there might be humidity or a water leak.
Unexpected places mold may be hiding in your home:
Make sure to follow these steps to prevent mold growth:
- Fix water leaks right away! If there is excessive damage, call a professional. Time is of the essence when it comes to mold.
- Kitchens and bathrooms are high humid areas, make sure they are properly ventilated.
- In high humid areas, such as your bathroom, make sure to lay down rugs and don’t forget to vacuum as frequently as possible!
- In cold weather, make sure you wrap pipes with insulation to absorb moisture.