April Showers Bring May Mold
Summer is right around the corner. There is no better feeling than opening the windows in late April and letting that fresh breeze in. I’m sure by now many of you are attacking spring cleaning and preparing yards and gardens for those beautiful summer months. Such beautiful thoughts of shiny skies, hot sun and bright flowers that sometimes you forget that we will eventually be cursing the humid and hot summer days to come.
Between the dampness of spring and the humidity of summer, your home becomes a prime environment for mold growth. Make sure you are taking the right steps so that MOLD does not overtake your home this summer!
- Dry wet areas immediately
- Prevent moisture with proper ventilation
- Equip your home with mold-resistant products such as mold-resistant drywall.
- Direct water away from your home
- Clean or repair roof gutters
- Improve air flow in your home, open doors in between rooms
If you notice a small area of mold, vacuum it up with a device that has a HEPA filter and scrub the area with a sponge soaked in hydrogen peroxide. Remember you don’t want to SPREAD the mold throughout your home, so if the existing mold gets larger, give us a call!